The procedure of hair implantation or restoration implies that the hair roots are extracted, either by the FUT or FUE technique. The shifting of roots is done by the process of changing the location of follicular units/graft from the donor area in the recipient bald area of the scalp. The donor is what that offers the needed number of grafts and contains the permanent hair roots that lasted forever. The safe donor area of our body is the back and sides of the scalp that only contains the DHT-resistant follicular units and destined to remain permanent.
These safe donors are used in the extraction step in which a Surgeon harvest/extract the needed number of the follicular unit, mostly by the FUT or follicular unit transplantation process. It is always a top question in the hair transplant that what would be the cost of hair transplantation and the answer is decided mostly by the used number of grafts that are extracted and of course, the technique plays a major role in deciding the hair transplant cost.
The FUT Hair Transplantation in the Cost Perspective:
The FUT or follicular unit transplant is a traditional method of the hair root extraction that is widely accepted in the hair transplant world. The FUT involves the strip excision that is taken from the safe donor area and later the strip is sent to the dissection process where technicians dissect the hair roots in order to collect the viable follicular units free from the tissues and the final step of implantation is done by the Surgeon to implant each hair root as according to the particular angle & direction. The cost of FUT is generally less as it is the traditional method; nonetheless, the output achieved by the technique is always greater that gives the technique a top place in the restoration world.
The Merit of FUT Hair Transplant:
- It gives a greater number of grafts as the extraction is done via the strip of the skin
- It is only performed by the expert plastic & cosmetic Surgeon and hence result meets the expected criteria of a restoration procedure
- The cost of the FUT technique is a modest one as compared to the FUE
- It is quite suitable for covering the highest grade of baldness
- The high-density hair transplants are only possible with the FUT
- The multiple sittings are possible as according to patient’s needs and expectation.
The FUE Hair Transplantation in the Cost Aspect
The FUE is an acronym of follicular unit extraction that performed by the random punching process with the aid of punching machine to extract the hair roots. The procedure of extraction, sometimes involves the modern equipment and machines such as robotic, ARTAS or Neo-graft and hence it is also termed as the modern extraction technique, but the reality is very far from this as the machine involvement is just limited to the extraction of grafts and there is no role of machine for the outcomes in terms of collecting the desired number of grafts. As a matter of fact, it is an alternative option to extract the follicular units, which is applied when the patient doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria to receive the FUT technique.
The Facts of FUE Method of Extraction:
- The FUE technique is performed when the patient is underage
- It is suitable for a lesser grade of NW-baldness such as the NW-II or NW-III
- It is recommended for body hair transplant (BHT)
- The cost of FUE technique has a very high as compared to the FUT technique
- The result may go temporarily in terms of temporary hair roots because of random punching that allows a space for targeting the unsafe areas also for extracting the grafts.
Summarizing all, we can say that the cost of the hair transplant procedure directly influences by the chosen technique, which is decided after a careful assessment of the patient’s scalp in the view of fulfilling the desired cosmetic goal of the procedure as according to the patient’s available donor state and bald area respectively.